Sunday 8 June 2014

Happily Ever After

Early yesterday morning, Bobby and I drove up to Whistler for our friends' wedding. I have been super excited about this even ever since they got engaged! And let me tell you, I was not disappointed with the planned festivities!

The wedding ceremony was at noon at the Squamish Lil'Wat Cultural Centre (located in upper village). I'm not a cryer by any means, but seeing Najin walk down that aisle with her father definitely made my eyes water a bit! Her gown was gorgeous. It was just a few months ago that we went wedding dress shopping and she found her dress! It's this gorgeous lace and beaded mermaid gown. Absolutely stunning in general, but even more stunning on Najin!

After the ceremony, a few of us met up for lunch. It was a gorgeous sunny day so we did not want to waste the time indoors! We had lunch in lower village, then we headed to Creekside where the reception was taking place. The reception was at Nita Lake Lodge so we all booked rooms there. The hotel is amazing! It's got a private lake where you can canoe and paddle board. The rooms (all of them I swear!) have stunning high high high ceilings! Our friends and I had rooms on every floor (first, second, third and fourth) and we all had two story tall ceilings. It was a gigantic hotel!

So we checked into the hotel around 2-3. We all relaxed for a bit, but against better judgement (especially for me because I had started to get sick on Friday afternoon - sore throat, inflamed sinuses), a few of us went for cocktails instead of napping. At least the drinks we good ;)

The reception started at 6pm. While seated, we were introduced to the lovely new Mr. and Mrs. The food was soooo delicious! I mean seriously, I sampled everything and there was not one thing I left on my plate (which is typical because I am quite the picky eater). The food was so great in fact that a friend overate, got sick, and ended up missing most of the evening whilst he lay in fetal position in his room. As the night progessred, I started feeling more and more sick (my chest hurt, the coughing started and my sinuses were throbbing - ugh!!!). So after the party winded down, a few headed up to Dmitry's room for the after party. I missed out because I was exhausted and feeling really shitty.

We woke up around 9, showered, packed up, checked out, and met up some friends for breakfast. Then after, a few of us headed back to the village in hunt for wings. After we were full, we headed back home. The car ride home was so painful for my sinuses. I got home and promptly napped for two hours while Bobby ran to the pharmacy to get me some medicine. Now I'm awake doing some laundry, tidying up a bit.. before heading back to bed.

Congratulations to Najin and Lawrence. We are so happy for you both!

Beautiful speech where the bride and groom took turns thanking their family, their guests and everyone involved in coordinating this wonderful evening.
Dance floor selfie! Even Luca tore up the dance floor!
Love


2 comments:

  1. Omg Jenny!!! So thoughtfully written, thank you so much for this. I'm sorry to hear about your sinuses though, I had no idea! :( Hope you're feeling much better now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding was amazing! I was so bummed out that I was sick :( But I still had a great time!!!
    PS: in case you were wondering, it was Sebastian that over ate - He claims Amanda does not feed him enough but I think it was cause the food was sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete