Thursday 2 April 2015

And the world's meanest April Fool's Joke goes to...

BOBBY

Okay so before I go on complaining how it was cold in Vancouver yesterday (about 4 degrees in the morning), I fully understand that it was much, MUCH colder in other parts of our home and native land. However, the heater was none functional at work so I spent most of the day FREEZING. And, for the most part, we average double digit temperatures in the Lower Mainland… so I get stressed out for Kiwi when the temperature drops. She starts to freeze her skinny little butt off. Usually, she wakes up during the day to poke around/scratch her butt/eat and I get a notification of her activity on my phone (Thanks Drop Cam/Nest) and yesterday she wasn’t active at all. On the train ride home, I called Bobby to ask him to check on Kiwi (he was almost home when I was just leaving work) and also to let him know I was stopping by Shopper’s on the way home.

30 minutes later, I’m in my car driving from the train station to Shopper’s and I receive a text. I didn’t check it until I parked my car and Bobby texted me “Kiwi didn’t make it”. Instantly, I knew it was a joke, but also in the back of my mind, I was like, OH NO KIWI FROZE TO DEATH (which isn’t even likely since she’s never THAT cold) and BOBBY OBVIOUSLY ISN’T JOKING BECAUSE APRIL FOOL’S JOKES STOP AT NOON (this is COMMON KNOWLEDGE IS IT NOT?!?!). I almost burst into tears at the Shopper’s parking lot. I called Bobby and he admitted it was a joke L


Happy to report the world's cutest hedgehog lives on! And she is as feisty as ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment