Wednesday 8 July 2015

The BBQ dilemma

Someone at work (let's just call him G) offered to buy a communal barbecue for our lunch room patio... such a sweet gesture to be honest... except for my poor coworker who got tasked with sourcing said barbecue!

So my very kind coworker went to Canadian Tire and Home Depot to bargain for a good deal with the sales associates at each store... and in the end, she got a great deal on a floor model barbecue... which is a bonus so we wouldn't have to put it together... and because we work so close to the store, they even wheeled it over for us (reluctantly!!).

This all went down yesterday afternoon. And on my way home from work, I saw a barbecue just outside of Cafe Citadella (super cute coffee shop in a heritage home) that someone was giving away. I seriously laughed so hard at all of the work my coworker had to go through to get our barbecue when one was up for grabs!

In the end, this free barbecue is a lot smaller/less nice than the one we got...and who knows if it's even functional... it was just funny due to the timing of these events ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment