Tuesday 18 August 2015

The forgotten wallet

So I forgot my wallet today. Last night, Bobby and I had Polly Pokinos for dinner... and because I was too lazy to bring my entire bag to pick up the food, I just brought my wallet in my jacket pocket. 

This morning, I noticed my jacket still on the dining chair.. and I even mentally commented that there was "something heavy in the pocket" but I was too tired to care since it was 630am and I was on my way to work.... and since it was supposed to be 27 degrees today, I left my jacket (and wallet!!!!) at home. 

I didn't even notice until I got to Caffe Citadella. I ran out of yogurt and starwberries so I couldn't make myself a parfait for breakfast... so I was going to pick up a pastry... that was when I realized that my wallet was at home!!!! Despite all of this, I am thankful for two things:

1. The staff at Caffe Citadella are so kind. They let me have my pastry and told me to just "pay them next time". This day would've been shitty without breakfast (I easily get hangry) so I am so touched by their kind gesture... and let it be known, I will be there first thing tomorrow to pay my dues ;)

2. I have a great memory for remembering credit card numbers (online shopping really helps out!) so I memorized my credit card number... so I was able to load my starbucks gift card online which I could then access through the phone app.... and so I had a sandwich at Starbucks for lunch.

Work was so busy today, and for whatever reason, I woke up with a headache - not a full on migraine - one of those annoyingly mild headaches that lasts a long time. For whatever reason, I had no tylenol on me (this is so unlike me) and of course, I couldn't buy any and no one at work had any. #ugh

Oh and traffic was a nightmare on my way home... and I was paranoid about driving sans license.

But I made it home in one piece... and found that bank couriered a new PIN number for me for my new bank card... even though I received my bank card a week ago and my new PIN had already been sorted out #firstworldproblems


Okay... so we had left over Polly Pokinos for dinner... and are going out for ice cream. 

At least the day ended of nicely :)

No comments:

Post a Comment