Saturday 12 April 2014

Last weekend as a 20 something year old, part 1

Day 364

Today is my last weekend as a 20 something year old. We had friends come over to check out the new place around lunch time... They gave me this really pretty orchid for my birthday! I really need to read up on how to take care of this because it is too pretty to kill

We just got back from Target and Bobby bought this round placemat to go in the middle of our round dining table :)
So after our friends left, I went to the mall to return the second jacket from this blog... then we came back to work on installing Bobby's new floors. Since he is using his office as his workspace, I wanted him to cover the laminate floors (to help prevent them from being damaged). Well, yesterday, our neighbour downstairs wrote us a lovely letter how we were being too loud.. and that we need to be more quite between 8pm to 7am (um ok.. we work...??) The letter really pissed me off (I mean, had he told me to keep it down past 10pm, I think I would've been more compliant... but 8pm?!?!?), but before I digress too much, Bobby bought cork to go underneath the flooring he chose. The cork was suprisingly cheap at Home Depot. Two rolls cost 55$/each. His room needed just slightly more than one roll so we have tons left over for other projects. Plus, my parents gave us a Home Depot giftcard as a house warming present... so technically, the cork was free :)

Before: with laminate
After: with faux tile :) It took us about two hours to get the cork rolled out underneath and to cut the laminate to size. The baseboards will need to be re-added tomorrow so as to not piss off the crazy man living downstairs
Anyway, so once we got the cork laid down, I made sure to let Kiwi play around on it.... Here she is with me holding her paw. Such a little cutie!!!! <3<3<3



Now, we're home. The place is a mess... too lazy to do anything about it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment