Saturday 5 April 2014

Make up area update... and a small haul

Day 357

We spent the day in downtown today. We've lived in suburbia for three weekends now.. and each weekend was spent in downtown. Haha. Anyway, so Bobby needed a haircut, and his haircut place is in downtown... so I tagged along for some light shopping.

I first hit up Sephora to use up a 50$ giftcard... and because everything is 15% off. I've been wanting the Naked Basics palette for a while now.. but have been too cheap to buy it... finally caved and bought it today! I also got the Fresh Sugar lip gloss in passion (my all time favorite lip gloss!!).. and an eyebrow brush (I already had one but I lost it during the move!)


Because it is the month of my birth... I also picked up my birthday present. This year it is lipstick and mascara from Make Up For Ever. Hope its good stuff :)



Then I hit up The Bay (also having a sale - 20% friends and family sale) and I got Kipling cosmetics pouch.


By this point in the day (and after the guys did some shopping too), we were hungry and tired so we hit up Parallel 49 for some coffee and donuts (after a detour to my brother's place to pick up my parents' computer). Then we went to my parents' house to drop off the computer.. and then we went to Costco for some much needed grocery shopping.

We went home.. had dinner.. and I ventured out again to buy a mirror and a garbage can for my make up area/desk. This nook is the perfect space for a make up area because of the giant window (natural lighting!!). However, I also need a desk, so it needs to function as a dual space...



Make up on one side... desk accessories on the other ;)
Here's the view from further away... Bobby's going to be making two shelves to go on either side of the desk where I will store all of the things still in boxes on the floors. The white frames I am going to put up in the dining area (still haven't printed the pictures I want up...)


For now, the space is pretty functional... can't wait for my shelves though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment