Saturday 24 May 2014

Fun times at UBC Alumni Weekend

Today was UBC alumni weekend. I try to go if I am in town because they do make a pretty good effort to make the day filled with events suited for all ages. This year, I signed us up for Craft Beer tasting (courtesy of North Coast Brewing Company) and.... Mythbusters!!!

So the day started kind of early. We left at ten to hit up Oakridge Mall really quick along the way. PS, Crate and Barrel is awesome. I now know where I am registering for my wedding ;)

We got to UBC around noon and our first event was at 1:15. Plenty of time to kill. First thing was first, we had to get our name tags:



After hitting up the bookstore to see if we could get cool bookstore things (we couldn't find anything), we hit up the Biodiversity Museum.

This is a skeleton of a blue whale. Super cool and super huuuuge. The mouth alone was 8 metres!!! (Or it might've been 5 meters....)
After more aimless wandering, it was finally time for the beer tasting. They were pretty damn generous with their beer servings and there were snacks as well. All in all, good times!


Bobby and multiple beers... just another day in Bobby's life!
At 4pm, it was time for MYTHBUSTERS!!! These guys were so funny! They obviously couldn't bust myths because we were in a confined space... but they were really awesome!


We left UBC after Mythbusters.. and we headed for Ikea. I'm trying to get ideas for my walk in closet (which Bobby is supposed to build), and I also needed to pick up hangers and tea towels. We ended up eating there because I was starving at this point. Plus, I only wanted to stop at Ikea for froyo...

Home now playing with little miss kiwi-keys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment