Monday 28 July 2014

First attempt at vegan baking

I've been looking for a new recipe for banana bread muffins that's healthier than my current go-to one... and I stumbled upon this recipe. 

It looked simple enough - only 6 ingredients are required - also, it doesn't require butter. I picked up some coconut oil and maple syrup at Trader Joe's this weekend (the only two ingredients I didn't already have), pulled out 4 frozen bananas that have been waiting to be baked for weeks, and got down to work.

I substituted the whole wheat flour for white flour (I don't have whole wheat flour), and also himalayan pink salt for sea salt (also don't have himalayan pink salt - but memo to self, must try because it sounds amazing!). I added walnuts as well as about a tablespoon and a half of finely ground espresso (Parallel 49 grounds of course!).


I didn't take more pics because I didn't want to mess this up ;)

While these were baking, my apartment was filled with the yummy smell of banana bread, espresso and coconut!! A good sign that this is an awesome recipe ;)

Just pulled these out of the oven and my first bite impression: very yummy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment