Monday 28 July 2014

Portland haulage!

So we went to Portland (with a one night layover in Seattle) for Oregon's Brew Festival 2014. The beer fest was pretty organized. We got there right when it opened at noon (before actually), but we got in at a good time - it got really busy (and really HOT) by 3pm.

While in Portland (and en route at the Seattle Premium Outlets), we did a little haulage:

First stop was at the outlets, Bobby got two pairs of jeans and some shorts (all for under 100$! That shit is cray!). I got a hat to wear to the brew fest since I knew it would be 30 degrees that day.

In Portland, I hit up Victoria's Secret for undies (a woman can never have too much), and some moisturizer (I finally used the giftcard Aleks gave me for my birthday). The moisturizer I picked up was Origin's A Perfect World moisturizer, which I picked up at Sephora.

Floppy hat from Roxy at the Outlets, Victoria's Secret and Sephora in downtown Portland (tax free!!)

I hit up Ulta for the first time and its seriously such an awesome beauty store! I got the two giant bottles of shampoo and conditioner... and I also had to pick up the two smaller bottles because they were soooo cuuuuute (impractical reason) and because they would be awesome for traveling (practical reason). Aaand, I got a face mask (I've been dying to buy a face mask but Sephora's cheapest option I would consider buying is a single use mask for 8$!!). Anyway, I hauled all of this shampoo and mask for just under 22$. Seriously, Canada, go home, you are too expensive!!!



Lastly, I got some wellies at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. I actually bought these online and picked them up at the Nordstrom in downtown Portland. These boots are awesome!!! Plus they were on sale, and tax free. I got the Hunter "Tall Moto" boots. I seriously can't wait for the rain to come.

The Nordstrom anniversary sale is awesome! I was good though and only bought the wellies (I had to really restrain myself from buying a new purse too... next year ;) )
Hello boots!
Here's some Bobby haulage: beer, beer and more beer. The peach beer is for me.

Beer from a super awesome liquor store called "Belmont Station" and a few from Trader Joes as well
We also hit up not one, but two Trader Joes to get everything we needed. We were smart and hit up the ones in Portland - they were less busy than the ones in Bellingham and plus we were able to drive straight from Portland (minus a lunch break, coffee break and gas break).

The border line up home was surprisingly quick (it was an hour wait, but it went by really fast because we kept moving). We got home just before 10:30pm... and today I have the day off so I am cleaning and unpacking and playing with my Kiwi-Keys, who was deprived of unwanted human attention for two days!

One last thing the mailman just dropped off this morning: I bought the Kate Spade Rain Check umbrella. I have been wanting this umbrella and it was finally in stock at Chapters. I bought the umbrella and rain boots online last week when it was pouring rain and cold in Vancouver. I decided to be proactive and be ready for fall ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment