Monday 27 October 2014

A weekend of gluttony

So Bobby's friend was in town and we literally ate, and ate and ate. There's lots of good food in Vancouver, what can I say?

First stop was Craft Beer Market (In Olympic Village) on Saturday night. This is one of the few places where: Bobby is impressed with their beer menu, and I am impressed with their food menu. (Usually bars have crappy food!). We got wings (my fave!), and poutine and nachos (all appies) and then Bobby and I shared pizza. I was designated driver that night so I had one beer (Stiegl Radler Zitrone, I would say go try it, your life is incomplete if you have not tried this beer, but it is exclusive to Craft Beer Market), so I had nothing else to do other than chat and eat (not like there is anything wrong with that, anyway :) )

Sunday's feast was on a whole other level. I mean, we ate, and we just did.not.stop. 

We had lunch at the Boathouse in Kits. The view from this restaurant is just amazing (Kits beach/Burrard Inlet/Downtown and West Van) and the food is also pretty good. We got oysters and calamari to share, and then I got fish and chips (which I ended up sharing with the guys). Then, immediately after (and I am talking 10 minutes after because that is the time it took us to walk to the car, drive to Parallel 49 in Kits, park and order) we had donuts and coffee... and we had the brilliant idea of order 6 donuts and a coffee each.

We got: goat cheese and blueberry (I think), s'more, grape, pumpkin, apple bacon and matcha
Holy F, I had half a s'more, and then a bite of the goatcheese and the grape donuts and I was going to burst. I ordered a large Americano (because I wanted it more watered down) and I did not have space to put it in. But we pressed on, and hit up Granville Island. We walked around a bit, then while the guys drank beer (I am not a huge beer fan, and I did not have any space whatsoever to put beer in at that point), I went to redeem my groupon for macarons! I recently tried macarons for the first time ever and I don't really know where to get them in Vancouver, so I bought a groupon and I figured I would try this place out. 

The macarons were pretty good. Here they are with Kiwi. I gave Kiwi a piece of the pumpkin donut. She didn't like it. I thought she was just being shy (Kiwi rarely eats in public) but when I tried to give her another piece today, she took a bite, then spat it out. Strangely enough, her mom Chaos LOVED pumpkin
After Granville Island, we took an eating intermission and walked around downtown. I showed the guys the creepy eye lash station at MAC (I mean, I guess its not creepy, but be careful, you might get pink eye ;) ) and we walked down Robson, etc. Then we went to Coal Harbour (more tourist stuff - Olympic torch, etc). At this point, our appetites were coming back (not really, but whatever), and we hit up Sushiholic for dinner. Ever since we moved, we have not really been back to Sushiholic. We ordered 5 rolls (the rolls at this restaurant are HUGE, and really, we ate so much during the day already) and ate it in like 15 minutes or something crazy like that.

Then we went home. I ate my macarons and Bobby ate the donuts (its like we didn't eat the entire day or something).

Needless to say, I am feeling blah to day!! ;) Also damaged the driver side view mirror of my car today... but on closer inspection, its not that bad... Thanks for not flipping out Bobby-Boob

And now I leave you with the third gluttinous resident of this apartment:

Kiwi is licking her lips because she is excited to eat her cereal!! #Saturdaytreats

No comments:

Post a Comment