Monday 20 October 2014

So I caved - Longchamp Le Pliage first impressions

Last year, for my birthday and our anniversary, Bobby very kindly picked out I forced Bobby to buy me the Marc Jacob's Classic Q Hillier Hobo purse. Now I LOVE this purse. I even got a great deal on it - I bought it during the Saks Friends and Family Sale so I got it for 320 USD, tax free (this bag retails for about 458$ in Canada, plus tax). Anyway, so I love this purse and I use it EVERYDAY. Last year, I went and bought a tote bag because I didn't want to have to use my Marc Jacobs bag everyday (for fear of ruining it). I didn't want to get a Longchamp bag because EVERYONE and their neighbour has this bag. So I settled for a more subtle Kipling tote bag (Read more here). The Kipling bag is okay, its a little casual for me, so I stopped using it. I will probably use it only for traveling now... or I might just sell it on Craigslist. Haven't decided yet. So anyway, I have been using my Marc Jacobs bag daily... and recently, I got three pretty severe scratches on it. The three scratches taunted me daily and I decided to retire this bag from its daily use sentence since it cost so much money and I want it to last longer than a year and a half! I looked into getting some scratch resistant leather bags (Michael Kors and Kate Spade sell them), but I didn't want to drop another few hundred dollars on a bag. So... long story short: Longchamp Le Pliage it is. The bag is only 140$ at Holt Renfrew (cheaper if you live in the States.. normally, I would cheap out and buy it in the States, but the Canadian dollar is not so strong right now so it wouldn't make a difference). Also, the bag is water proof (allegedly, will let you know how truthful it is soon since we are expecting 35-45 mm of rain tomorrow... I would say FML but I get to bust out my favourite umbrella again :)) 

I got it in the "small" size which is still pretty large - it is large enough to fit my 11 x 8.5 inch agenda and a small make up bag, wallet, and other junk I feel is necessary to carry everywhere I go.
I was against buying the Longchamp bag to begin with because it is just a "one large compartment" bag. Also, last year, I had my heart set on buying the "large" size bag (Likely because like I mentioned, I feel the need to carry all kinds of crap with me). I'm glad I settled for the small size though... and because it's "small" the one compartment issue doesn't really bother me (yet! I just picked up the bag today and am only going to start using it tomorrow). If it does start to bother me, I will invest in a purse organizer.


Side note: So I got this bag from Holt's and I had the lovely experience of having the sales lady stalk me throughout the store as I browsed for purses. I don't know if its because she wanted my commission, or she thought I was going to steal the bag because I am too poor to shop at Holts... #QuestionsIwillneverknowtheanswersto

Okay so those are my first impressions. A more detailed review to follow in a few months or so ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment