Tuesday 10 February 2015

The high heeled tape dispenser.. and the parking dilemma

If you are Canadian, you know that Target Canada is shutting down shop in our home and native land. Liquidation sales started last Thursday… so I hit up Target not once, but twice (!!!) this past weekend. The first trip, I got some nail polish remover and washi tape (a new obsession – although I am not sure where or even HOW to use this stuff) and some Swiffer refill stuff. I eyed a scotch tape dispenser for my desk at work… but decided against it.

We went to Target again yesterday… and I really, really, REALLY had to have this tape dispenser... So I got it. It was 10.49$, plus 20% off.

And so… here it is:

Not a red bottom... labeled so it does not get stolen at work!! (The things people steal at work!!)
Now, this is actually my second super awesome high heel tape dispenser. The first one I also got from Target over a year ago.. this lives on my desk at home J

Okay.. and now for more parking problems:

So I lived in downtown, Vancouver for over 4 years and not once did I ever get a parking ticket. I have lived in Coquitlam for less than a year and I have already gotten two tickets. TWO!!!

The first ticket was due to the West Coast Express parkingmishap. I spoke with Impark and they canceled this ticket for me, so I went on with my life, filing this ticket in the back of my mind… imagine my surprise when I received a lovely letter from Impark mid January telling me that since I have failed to pay for my parking ticket, my account would go into collections. I WAS SO PISSED OFF. I mean, seriously, WHAT TICKET?!?! I was told it was canceled. Since the car is registered under Bobby’s name, I paid the ticket off so that his credit would be unaffected. I tried to call Impark to dispute this “account going into collections” nonsense, but of course, their wait time is like 15+ minutes long… so I wrote them an angry letter and mailed it. I didn’t expect a response from Impark – I merely just wanted to let them know about their incompetence. And to be honest, if the car was registered under my name, I would’ve left the parking ticket unpaid (it was only Bobby’s credit I didn’t want to screw over, but if it were my own, I would’ve battled this out to the very end of time with Impark!). Anyway, I got an email late last week saying I would be refunded for the parking ticket. #winningfeelsawesome.


Anyway, so this morning, when I got to the train station, I had to buy a monthly parking pass and idiot me forgot to make note of my parking stall number before heading to the machines… so I had to run back to my car (in the rain), make note of the my stall number, and then run back to the machine. I almost missed the train.. ugh. All so that I would not risk getting ANOTHER parking ticket. My parking ticket budget of 0$ per year has already gone up by a LOT this year J

1 comment:

  1. I really don't think you save any money by taking the train ... What with all the parking tickets.

    ReplyDelete