Monday 23 February 2015

VB for Nails Inc first impression

Okay so I first heard about Victoria Beckham's collaboration while browsing the interwebs late last week... And I was PUMPED. Firstly, I LOVE Victoria Beckham. Hands down, she is the best dressed celebrity out there. Secondly, I love nail polish!!! I tend to stick with the reds/pinks but I do have a few blue/green shades...

Anyway, so I've actually been seriously pondering what my nails will look like for our wedding. I'm thinking a light pink with glitter for my fingers and then blue for my toes (after all, I need a "something blue"). I'm also considering a bright red for toes since that is my "signature look"... But still pondering...

I was super pumped when I heard about VB's nail polish collab. And I was even more pumped when I read that she did a nude and a red polish! This could not be more perfect timing... So I headed to Sephora in Pacific Centre to check it out. 

Bamboo White Collection on left; Judo Red Collection on right (note: I am holding the Judo Red Collection bottle, the Bamboo White Collection bottle is black!!)
My first impressions (all opinions my own):
The Bamboo White is a little too beige for my liking. For nudes, I prefer if the polish is more on the white or even the pink side... when it's beige, it looks weird with my skin tone...

The Judo Red is a little too orange.... As previously mentioned, I like my reds to be RED. It's really difficult to find the perfect RED red, but if you are looking, I would suggest OPI's Big Apple Red. 

(Side note: in VB's defense, the Bamboo White is described as a white cream nude shade and the Judo Red is described as a red orange cream shade... so they definitely got their description 100% accurate ;) )

In terms of "coverage" the polish goes on smoothly and you get perfect non streaky coverage in just two coats. As for price... well, it's a little bit steep - not Christian Louboutin polish steep... but it's 28$ a bottle and each bottle is about 13ml. To be honest, if the colours were more to my liking, I would've been like, shut up and take my money!! But, since I am not into these two colours, I am happy to pass :)

No comments:

Post a Comment