Wednesday 25 February 2015

The "Tea Me Tiny" Detox Review

I picked up the 2x14 day Tea Me Tiny Detox teas when they were having their BOGO clearance earlier this year.



The numbers break down:
Each 14 day pack is 29.94 CAD. I picked up 2 packs for 29.94, and with flat rate shipping (9.95$) and tax, I got two 14 day packs for just under 45$. (Actually, I bought this 2 for 1 deal twice, so I ended up with 4 x 14 day detox teas). The shipping was also really fast – I got my tea a few days after placing my orders… but I live in BC and Tea Me Tiny Detox is based out of Calgary. Geographically speaking, even Canada Post could not fuck this up.

Instructions:
Brew half a teaspoon of tea in one cup of boiling water for at least 10 minutes. Drink tea twice daily, 30 minutes before eating.


First impression:
I personally like the taste of this tea. It’s slightly minty and it’s similar to the teas they serve at spas. And since you let the tea steep for at least 10 minutes, it’s no longer piping hot by the time you drink it! The brewing process is simple enough, although I did use three different tea steepers I had at home before finding one that worked well. I don’t usually drink loose leaf tea (but I have a collection of tea steepers at home from tea pots/travel mugs) so I can’t really comment about whether or not the leaves are larger or smaller than normal… but I can say with certainty that this pincer did NOT work. I don’t know if the one we have is defective, and maybe the pincers just didn’t snap tightly enough, but when I used this, tea leaves would constantly escape making tea drinking a little less enjoyable J. What DID work for me is the tea steeper that came with my travel mug. Basically I would fill this with the tea leaves and I would place it in a large mug (the tea steeper has a flat bottom so it stands on its own). Then I would fill the mug with boiling water until it’s just at the top of the steeper. I was never exact with the 1 cup boiling water part… I would say, I drank approximately 1 cup of tea twice daily J

I drank this tea twice a day:
Once in the morning. I would brew the tea just after showering and I would drink it while getting ready.
Once in the evening – time varies more than in the morning. I would sometimes drink it right when I got home, before dinner, or while making dinner… Sometimes I would drink it AFTER dinner if I ended up going out for dinner, or I just forgot.

Review:
The following are my own personal reviews. I have been drinking this detox tea for just over three weeks now (24.5 days if you are counting) so I think I can make an honest enough review about it.
The following are results that are expected when drinking Tea Me Tiny:
1      Increased energy/overall metabolism
Yes, I agree that my energy levels have increased – especially in the morning. I don’t usually drink coffee, but I normally do when I am really tired. I have only had two coffees in the past three weeks (I used to have a lot more). Now, I don’t mean to be Debbie Downer, but the tea IS caffeinated… so that could also help with the energy increase.
No comment about the increase in metabolism (how does one even measure this?!)
2   Appetite Suppression
I    I definitely experienced appetite suppression – no longer am I starving on my way to work. I get to work around 8am (about 1.5 hours after drinking the tea) and I can casually eat breakfast (usually a granola bar or cereal) without the feeling of being super hungry/faint. I also find that I am less hungry on my home from work, but that could also be due to the lunch/snacks I’ve had throughout the day.
3   Weight Loss Promotion
I have lost about 5 pounds since starting this detox back in the beginning of February. My current weight fluctuates about 2 pounds daily (depending on what I eat?) but I am about 5 pounds lighter today than when I first started the tea.
     Improved Look of Skin/Nails/Hair
This would be a big fat no for me. Recently (months before detox), my skin breaks out one giant pimple pre period… Sadly this has continued even with the detox. My nails are healthier – but I’ve stopped painting them and am using a clear nail hardener. My hair is a mess (but I recently just dyed it so that is definitely a contributing factor). In Tea Me Tiny’s defense, I think 3 weeks is too short of a period to be able to measure this… maybe things get better after a month? 

Overall, I am happy with the results of the Tea Me Tiny detox. I’ve been looking for a healthy detox alternative (none of this only drink lemon water with cayenne pepper, or only drink juice for days straight nonsense). I didn’t actively seek one out that had weight loss benefits – that was just an added bonus for me! Honestly, I believe in “everything in moderation” diets, but not drastic ones. I’ve never tried juice cleanses, but the thought of just drinking juice is daunting.. isn’t this an act of starvation? I hate this saying, but it’s very true: you only live once. So why not enjoy what you eat? While doing this detox, it was recommended to cut dairy out of my diet… but did I? Nope. I mean I didn’t go out of my way to only eat ice cream… and I think I only had ice cream a few times (thanks to my brother and his billions ofmcflurries)… and yes I ate chips and I’m sure I also had fries. I’m happy to have done this detox (and the future ones with the tea packages I have yet to open) and I would definitely recommend this detox to others. It’s simple and it lets you detox on your terms. And, you can still EAT! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment