Wednesday 11 March 2015

Wedding Haul!!!

I did a little wedding haulage this morning and I saved A LOT of money thanks to my Bay VIP discount. I think I was a little bit TOO excited about this event because I had trouble falling asleep last night. The night before, I had terrible insomnia – I didn’t fall asleep until 3am or so… but that was because I had caffeine at 7pm (I really needed caffeine to help get me through PiYo). Yesterday, I didn’t have any caffeine past 2pm and I still had trouble falling asleep… so I blame it on the sale :)

The Bay VIP sale happens twice a year (March and sometime in the fall… October I think?). They have their usual friends and family sales several times a year where you save 15 or 20% off when  you use your Bay Card, but these sales exclude A LOT of items. The Bay VIP includes EVERYTHING but licensed items (eg, Nespresso), The Room at The Bay, and certain higher end brands (eg. Ugg Australia). However, it includes J Brand, Maison Scotch, Free People, Le Creuset, etc. And you don't need a Bay credit card for this discount. And you get 25% off regardless if the item is on regular price, sale, or clearance (10% off for cosmetics and small appliances).

Okay, so basically, I was in the market for wedding shoes and a wedding purse (and a really nice scarf I saw, and some jeans, and makeup). At first, I really wanted these Alice and Olivia shoes. I first saw these shoes back in January.. but I was hesitant to buy them for 355$ because I knew I could buy them for 25% off in March (yes, I am cheap like that). I really loved how these shoes looked (the studs are amazing), but they are a bit too high (4 inch heels). I am a size 6… and 4 inch heels for small feet = walking around like Bambi on ice. Plus, these shoes are so difficult to put on. The strap for the shoe works very much like a watch strap - you need to poke the strap through a little knob thing and then tuck it under a band (I know I am not explaining this very well). But trust me, it is very hard to put on. I tried these shoes on many times.. twice with Bobby… and twice I’ve sat all contorted at the Bay while Bobby manipulated the damn shoe straps. In the end, the Bay sold out of size 6s and so these shoes weren’t meant to be.

Enter these lovely Joie sandals. To be honest, I love these shoes even more than the Alice and Olivia’s. Sure they are more plain, however, they are 100x more comfortable and 100x easier to put on. The soles of these shoes are very padded and the heels are only 3.25 inches. And the buckle is a lot easier to put on. I set my wedding shoe budget to 300$ because I wanted shoes that I would want to wear again.


I first spotted these on Monday and I very quickly put them on hold (good thing to because the sales person informed me that they only ever carry one size 6 for higher end shoes!!!) and I picked them up today with my discount. The shoes are regularly 388$. With my discount and with a giftcard I had, the shoes came to 268.86$ with tax! Score! I came in 30$ under budget.. woohooo!

So not only did the Bay only carry one size 6, it was also the floor model. Ugh. Now I get the sticky aftermath on the bottom of my shoes for a while
Now for purses. At first I considered this purse… but it’s just so small. Right now, I know it could hold my ID/credit card, lip gloss and iPhone… but eventually I will be switching back to Android… and then what? This purse would be useless. So I decided to get this purse instead. I got it in the colour geranium (not available on the Kate Spade website) which is a lovely coral colour. The biggest bonus is that this bag is on clearance! It’s regularly 198$, but it was on clearance for 148.50… so with my VIP discount and tax, I got it for 124.74$.


So that is my wedding haulage. Super happy with the deals I got. The best part is that these should’ve cost 600$ total and I paid just under 400$ for them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment