Wednesday 1 May 2013

Happy 3 years to my Bobby Boob

Day 18

So three years ago today, Bobby and I went on our first (real!) date ever. We went to Federico's on Commercial drive and it was seriously an amazing night of dining and dancing.

Bobby and I met through our mutual friend Samer. I know Samer from our days at the Canadian Cancer Society together and Bobby and Samer know each other from their days at McGill.

Back in February 2010, Vancouver hosted the winter olympics. Samer was having a party at his place (sweetest downtown apartment ever - same building as the Scotiabank theatre) and he told me to come. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go yet so I gave the nonchalant "ya ya I'll be there" RSVP. Then, the day of Samer's party, I ran into him at the Starbucks at his building. Again he asked if I was coming. I said yes. But this time I felt like I would be a jerk if I didn't go. So I went with my cousin and a friend. Turns out Bobby (who has just moved to Vancouver a month earlier) was there as well... and that is how we met.

Because it was the Olympics, a lot of alcohol was consumed that night. I like to bug Bobby and say that I dont remember the night we met when in fact, I do.

Anyway, three years later (with two adorable hedgies!) we are still together and happier everyday! Happy three years, my Bob-Bob! I love you (even though you gas me all the time!) Thank you for putting up with my crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment