Thursday 2 May 2013

Sophie Kinsella's new book!

Day 19

I was so pumped when I found out that Sophie Kinsella had a new book coming out last month. I've loved all of her books (minus Can You Keep a Secret - I found that to be only okay). Sad to say that this book wasn't all that great. Normally, when I get my hands on one of her books, I pretty much read it from cover to cover in one super long ass sitting because I can't put it down. This book I skimmed through a lot of the parts. As someone rated it on amazon.com: "It's champagne without the sparkle"

Excuse the pic quality. I bought the ebook so I took a pic of the cover on my laptop
I don't want to give away too much but I guess I just didn't find the characters likeable/relatable. The book is about two sisters. One (Fliss) going through a divorce so she's super bitter about men and life in general. The second (Lottie) ends a long term relationship because her bf didn't propose when she thought he was going to. With the subject of marriage obviously on the table, her bf could not commit to a lifetime together so she broke up with him. Lottie then encounters an old flame from her teenage years and on a whim they get married. Obviously, this does not sit well with bitter older sis Fliss. Blah blah blah. 500 pages later of the story being narrated from both sisters' point of views.... blah blah... The ending was very predicable

No comments:

Post a Comment