Sunday 24 August 2014

A Game of Thrones

I wasn't planning on going to the PNE this year... until I heard that the Game of Thrones exhibit was in town!! We love that show and wouldn't pass up at opportunity to sit on the iron (plastic) throne... and (virtually) ascend the wall. So we went yesterday. We went for the Game of Thrones exhibit... but stayed for the food ;)


But first! Kiwi does the ice bucket challenge!! (Okay not really - I would never dump water on her. She HATES baths so I would never torture her like that. I put an ice cube on her spikes for the pic, then quickly took it off)


We got to the PNE early so we could get parking. The doors opened at 11.. and we got in line for GOT first. It was a pretty cool exhibit - they had original outfits and weapons out for viewing.. And of course, the throne as below:



I've decided to adopt Margery Tyrell's wedding dress as my own ;)

Hodor!!! Not so big!
After GOT, we had lunch... watched Super Dogs (Aleks' all time fave so we had to go for her) and then checked out the prize home. The prize home this year wasn't so great. Super giant house but only two bedrooms... really? Even my moderately sized apartment has THREE bedrooms!! ;)

After all of that, we went to see the lumberjack show. It was pretty awesome:

Just chopping wood with an axe metres up in the air... no big deal
These guys were awesome!!!
We left after the lumberjack show to enjoy the rest of our day. For those in the area, the Game of Thrones exhibit is worth the 12$ entrance fee! (Admission is actually 16$, I get a discount with work... and its 13$ online). Getting a chance to virtually climb the wall was pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment