Sunday 10 August 2014

PiYo, Despicable Me 2... and everything in between

I bought myself a couple of Social Shopper deals for a gym near my home, and signed up for two classes - PiYo and Hot Hula. I took the first PiYo class on Saturday and it was awesome! PiYo is a pilates/yoga infusion. I used to do pilates when I was younger and I dabbled in yoga a few years ago. I always enjoyed pilates but never really got into yoga. PiYo combines yoga poses with the repetitions of pilates therefore making a hardcore workout (eg, plank to downward dog to forward lunge to downward dog to upward dog... slowly at first... then with increasing speed... over and over again). I felt awesome afterward, you know, the feeling you get when you know your ask got kicked with an awesome work out? Looking forward to hot hula on Tuesday ;)

But first, here is my day yesterday in pictures:

I got up around 7:15 for the 10am class... not because the class is super far away (it's a 7 minute drive from home), but because Bobby had to drive his car in for maintenance, so then I had to go with so he could get a ride back. I decided to eat oatmeal and mangoes for breakfast - ps: mangoes are the most awesome fruit ever!


After PiYo, I had to pick up a package at UPS... then I went home and ate a salad.


Bobby went boating with the guys yesterday. I was supposed to meet up with a friend and her toddler, but her kid was feeling sick... so I stayed home because my legs felt like jelly... I seriously thought I would fall over in public had I gone out ;)

Anyway, after lunch, I was doing laundry/minding my own business... when my stupid shower rod collapses. Side note - I was hanging clothes to dry which is probably why it gave out. I was so pissed off because OF COURSE it decides to fall when my arms tired from working out in the first time in years! It took me 10 minutes at least to get this thing back up level. Because I am short, I could not even get it back up to the height its supposed to be at (there was no way one tired arm could extend that long, while the 2nd tired arm could extend that long AND screw the damn thing back into place). I decided to leave this as is... and wait for Bobby to remedy the situation...


Around 4:00ish, I started getting hungry again... I texted Bobby to see if he was going to eat dinner at home... turns out the guys ate after boating, so I picked up some wings at Polly Pokino's. Newly discovered gem of a wing place by our house. I got my fave - honey garlic.


After eating, Bobby got home. We then got ready to leave for Trout Lake. We made plans with friends to watch Despicable Me 2 at the outdoor theatres today. Bobby and I got there early for awesome parking and seating. The movie did not disappoint - I've seen it multiple times (Agnes is sooo cute!!)


Now its Sunday.. and I'm making breakfast - oatmeal and fruit again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment