Friday 22 August 2014

Hole in my head

Please note: this following post falls under the category of TMI. Consider yourselves warned

Last Saturday, we had some lovely friends over to see our not so new anymore apartment. Najin baked us a delicious cake, Bobby made us crepes, Luca entertained us with his cuteness... and amidst all of the fun sitting around our hot apartment, I ended up with a giant zit on the side of my head. It was so giant it was definitely hormonal/due to clogged pores thanks to the heat wave we were in the middle of... Anyway, it bothered me so much. Every morning it would stare me down while getting ready. I would drown it in acne cream, scrub the hell out of it with my daily scrub... and it took a few days at least for this damn pimple to finally dry out.

Anyway, so on Tuesday night, while watching Orange is the New Black... I did the unthinkable. I picked at the pimple... therefore breaking the skin. I did something even more dumb next: I put acne cream on the broken skin. Now I am pretty sure that it specifically says DO NOT PUT ON BROKEN SKIN on the cream (PS: I use a Clinique acne spot treatment thing which I tried to look up but it looks like they no longer sell the one I have)... So I'm happily going on with my night... and Bobby is like, um, what's on the side of your head. Well duh, obviously my pimple... But then I looked in the mirror, and my the pimple cream had irritated the broken skin on my face (DUHHH!!). So I did my best to scrub it off while trying very hard not to further irritate my skin.. but alas it was too late.

Woke up on Wednesday morning to a scab on my face. The scab was seriously just slightly smaller than a dime. I was so mad at myself/feeling sorry for myself for being such a dumb-dumb... anyway, the scab was in its early stages so it was super easy to cover it up with make. (Shout out to this and this for helping me get through Wednesday).

Yesterday was another day though. The scab was more dry so it was definitely a lot harder to cover it up with make up. Bobby asked a lovely question "why does it look blue"? I don't know Bobby. So shut up. I had an eye appointment (yearly follow up after laser eye surgery) and the tech was such a dumbass. He really pissed me off (totally unrelated to the giant hole on the side of my head) so I went back to work feeling so ugh... Managed to get through my day. We ended up going for ice cream later that night so I felt a lot better :) Also, my scab came off leaving only a slightly red mark. Woo hoo!! 

I think I have learned my lesson to not mess with my skin (especially not the skin on my face!). 


I wish I took a pic of the scab. I meant to blog about this earlier but just got so busy over the past few days. I know that red mark looks like nothing, but seriously, the scab was VERY obvious. 

Anyway, Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment