Wednesday 13 August 2014

Fire and rain

So yesterday, while I was rushing through eating dinner, and then cleaning up so that I could go to Hot Hula (best dance class ever - more later!), a neighbour's smoke alarm went off. Now, we frequently set our SUPER SENSITIVE smoke alarms off as well, however, we very quickly fan it so that the alarm stops. After 15 minutes of the smoke alarm ringing, I stepped out on our balcony to see if anything more serious was going on. Bobby made me check our hallway to see if the alarm was in our building and it wasn't (the hallways were quiet) - the alarm was going off in the building across the little walkway from us. So we sat on our balcony to see if we could see which unit was in distress... then Bobby spotted smoke coming out of a third floor corner unit. We went outside to make sure it WAS smoke (and not random dryer smoke/heat) and as we got closer to the unit, it smelled like fire. Bobby called 911 (my hero!) and we tried to get someone from that building to pull their fire alarm to evacuate the building (note: this lovely lady had no idea what the fire alarm was, or where she could locate it #feelingsafeinmyneighbourhood).

Anyway, I had to run to dance class just as the fire truck was pulling in (totally missed the hot men). Bobby texted me updates. Looks like this family left a pot on their stove. It's so easy to call them out, but at the end of the day, mistakes happen and even the most careful forget. Luckily, the fire was contained/put out right away and I am guessing no major damage was done. 


It has been SO HOT and humid in Vancouver lately (I feel like I am in a Toronto summer). Seriously. It would 24 degrees "but feels like 30 degrees" at midnight. NO BUENO. Everyone's beauty sleep was seriously affected ;) 

It started raining today which makes me happy for two reasons:
1. Cooler weather is near! 
2. I finally got to bust our my "Rain Check?" umbrella which I got at Chapters. Looks like they are all sold out again though. Glad I snapped it up right away ;)


So Hot Hula is amazing! Great work out - you get really sweaty from the dance moves. I've signed myself up for one class/week, but I might up it to two classes per week because it's so awesome :)

And now, I leave you with a picture of Kiwi-Keys post bath. I gave her a bath on Monday night and she was pissed off for the rest of the night. You can't really tell, but she is biting down hard on that towel

No comments:

Post a Comment