Tuesday 26 November 2013

Go Canucks Goooo!

Day 226 (a day late!)

So last night, Bobby and I went to the Canucks game, courtesy of my brother who was not able to sell his tickets. After work, I went to my brother's house to pick up the tickets, rushed home to find Bobby working on my advent calendar (http://bobbobblogs.blogspot.ca/), and very quickly changed into something Canucks (I found a green stick in rink shirt I bought when they made it all the way to the finals two seasons ago).

The game started at 7pm, and we left at 6pm. There was a moderate debate on whether we wanted to walk or transit... the plan was to stop by Costco to eat cheap, delicious food (as opposed to expensive, crappy food at Roger's Arena) before the game. In the end, we decided to walk, and it took about 20 minutes.

So we got to Costco and the line for the concession was REALLY long... seriously, if there were 10 more people in line, we would've been across the street lining up outside of Roger's Arena!! Bobby had to go to the bathroom so I waited in line while he was gone. An older lady ahead of me started to get concerned that Bobby left me there or something. It was really cute. I had mentioned that we were going to the game, and she was concerned that he had taken our tickets and left me at Costco. It was really REALLY funny. I told her that I actually had our tickets, but she was still genuinely relieved when Bobby returned. Haha!! Thanks for not leaving me there Bobby!!!

Bobby eating his chicken strips like a kid
We ate our food REALLY fast and we managed to make it to the game just as the American anthem started. The game itself was exciting as always. It was really gross was Daniel Sedin got hit in the face with a stick and he lost a tooth... Like he literally pulled the tooth out of his mouth to show the ref and it was gross.

Start of period deux
Another gross point was during a fight between 2 LA players and 3 Vancouver players.. The Kings were wearing their white jerseys and Nolan (of the Kings) had blood splattered all over his jersey... It was gross!!

The Canucks lost in OT in the end... but still a fun way to spend a Monday night ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment