Tuesday 12 November 2013

Waterproof

Day 213

Soo... I LOVE my new parka!!! It was drizzling pretty hard this morning when I was "commuting" (word in quotations because I only live 15 minutes away from work), so I was pretty excited to wear my new parka. When I was at Aritzia yesterday, the sales lady kept pointing things out about the jacket, and one of the things she mentioned is that the jacket is actually water PROOF (not just water resistant). Last night, I decided to test out the waterproof-ness of my jacket. This was a true science experiment with a hypothesis, method, conclusion, etc ;). I took my jacket and held it over my bathroom sink. I then dumped a glass full of water on one of the sleeves and was impressed with how the water just slipped right off of it... Upon touching the sleeve, I can confirm that the sleeve remained dry! Woo hoo! Today, when I wore the jacket in the rain, the rain drops stayed ON my jacket (as opposed to being absorbed by it) further confirming my findings! Bring on the rain, Vancouver! I am ready for you!!

Proof of raindrops remaining ON jacket! (No absorption here!)
Thank you Bobby for the most awesome Christmas present ever!!

PS: This is another PSA to check out Bobby's blog about his super cool projects: http://bobbobblogs.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment