Friday 29 November 2013

Just an ordinary day in downtown, Vancouver

Day 230

Today is my Friday off. I spent my morning in Pacific Centre because I had to return something. Also I wanted to check out Aritzia's Black Friday sale. I have a love-hate relationship with Aritzia. I hate how everyone that shops there all ends up looking the same (I have a coworker who has the exact same jacket as me - the Community Paradigm Parka), I have the same Talula leggings as all the other Vancouver leggings.. etc. The thing I hate the most is how severely annoying the sale's ladies can be. The one thing I love about Aritzia is their denim. They have an amazing selection. Too bad everything in Aritzia is overpriced :( I didn't buy any jeans because even though I was there around 10:30 am, the store was PACKED. Do the good ladies of Vancouver not have to work?! I seriously expected it to be empty....

On my walk home, I spotted a movie being filmed on Robson and Howe (across from Chapters and the Art Gallery and the future home of Nordstrom). Vancouver = Hollywood North. Everyday there is something being filmed... But have I ever actually seen a celebrity? Noooo... Lame how that works eh?

Anyway, I have no idea what they were actually filming, but there were tons of cameramen, and other movie set staff... oh and giant big green screens.

UPDATE: So it turns out it was James Franco and Seth Rogen who were filming :)
http://bc.ctvnews.ca/rogen-and-franco-flick-turns-robson-square-into-n-korea-1.1567208

No comments:

Post a Comment