Saturday 23 November 2013

House hunting... sort of...

Day 224

Bobby and I are planning on moving some time next year, so I have had my eye out for newer, but still affordable, developments in Vancouver. I heard of Kensington Gardens being developed in the East Vancouver area so we went to check it out today at their presentation day. Kensington Gardens is developed by Westbank (developers of so many gorgeous buildings in downtown, Vancouver like the Fairmont Pacific Rim, Telus Gardens and the Shaw Tower), so the design of the exterior of the buildings (three towers) is nice. The inside was just okay and the prices are somewhat astronomical for the location...

Super cool view of downtown Vancouver. All the coloured buildings are Westbank designed and developed buildings.

Anyway, it was a very Asian event (not being racist or anything like that!). On our way out, I got stopped by a Chinese cameraman and he asked me to say a few things about the event. I got really nervous because I am pretty damn shy. Anyway, this really nice lady asked me questions which I then answered while trying not to look terrified or like a deer caught in headlights on camera... She then asked for my name. I didn't catch to see what station they were filming for, but Bobby said it was one he hadn't heard of. Its likely an Asian channel I don't subscribe to... but I knew I would always be big in China ;)

1 comment:

  1. Has the move happened yet? I hope you were able to find a new yet affordable home in Vancouver. The house-hunting phase is tricky, but I trust you managed well. It’s been almost a year, so I suppose you have already settled on something by now. I hope you’re enjoying the city!

    Amos Daniel @ Jamie Hooper

    ReplyDelete