Sunday 27 October 2013

Pumpkin carving day

 Day 197 part two

While waiting for my pulled pork to slow cook (or, super slow cook - it took over 8 hours!), Bobby and I decided to carve our pumpkins. Carving pumpkins is a perfect activity to do while waiting for pulled pork... it seriously took me 2 hours or so just to gut my pumpkin!!

I had so much pumpkin that I did not know what to do with. Mid gutting, I heard Chaos awake and poking around her cage so I took her out and gave her some pumpkin. She loved it!!!
Here's the evolution of my pumpkin:

First I carved it
Then I painted it white
Then I painted the insides of the carved parts red and added some crazy eyes

L-R:
My crazy eyed pumpkin, Kiwi and Chaos' aperture mini turret (courtesy of Bobby) and Bobby's pumpkin

2 comments:

  1. Next time I'll let you use my drill... You'll be done with gutting the pumpkin in about 5 min

    ReplyDelete