Wednesday 25 December 2013

4:20 am

Day 256

So I'm off to Orlando (via Dallas). I made the mistake of watching Blackfish last night. I went to bed depressed haha... and angered on Tilikum's behalf (did you know that Tilikum was ripped away from his pod at two years old from aggressive whale catchers as his family watched helplessly? Did you know that he was brought to a TINY marina in Victoria, BC where he was starved when he underperformed and then forced to sleep in a 20x30 feet "tub" with three other killer whales before moving on to Seaworld, Orlando?) So anyway.... I couldn't sleep... when I finally did sleep, I had a very restless sleep because I was so paranoid that I wouldn't wake up in time to catch my flight. Ughhh... well I woke up in time, said goodbye to my hedgies and walked to Yaletown Roundhouse station. Thank you Vancouver for not raining today! The Canada Line to YVR is running in holidy hours but when I got to the station, a train was just arriving! Woo hoo! Thank goodness I didnt miss it because the next one was 12 minutes away (not that it mattered because I left three and a half hours early ;)). Anyway, so I'm at YVR now, all checked in and waiting for my flight departing in just under two hours.

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas! I'll try to check in to keep up with the blog but I don't know how available Wi-Fi is at Disney World.

In all of my years of existence, i have never woken up this early on Christmas Day! Not even to open presents as a young child!

No comments:

Post a Comment