Sunday 1 December 2013

New Years Eve planning

Day 232 

We are entering the final month of 2013... I feel like I just finished celebrating NYE 2013 and I can't believe 2014 is already upon us... I'm turning 30 next year so the end of this year is bittersweet yet exciting.

Last night before Bright Nights, I started looking into New Years Eve events in Manhattan. I was surprised to learn that for 150$ or so per person, you get VIP entry (no waiting in line with the rest of the peasants for this lady ;) ), open bar for 4-6 hours (depending on the venue), hor d'oeuvres, reserved seating for the entire night, NYE party favours, champagne for the countdown, a bottle of champagne (depending on the venue) etc. Some venues even allow you access to Time's Square if they are close by. Is that a good deal or what?!?!?

We've been fortunate because one of our friends organizes a New Years Eve event where you pay 60$ or so (depending on the venue) for cover and unlimited drinks. However, in Vancouver, you usually pay upwards of 100$ for entry and ONE free drink for New Years Eve events. Vancouver you are so lame!!!

I've narrowed it down to two places:

This place is a bowling alley which they will convert into 90,000 square foot NYE party
This place is a roof top (enclosed!) patio with views of NYC's skyline

Can't decide which place I want yet...

PS: Happy birthday to my Mommy
PPS: RIP Paul Walker :(
PPPS: Advent calendar day 1:

This one contained a Godiva chocolate lava cake truffle... mmm


1 comment: