Tuesday 24 December 2013

Home alone

Day 255

Today is my last FULL day in Vancouver in 2014. By this time tomorrow, I will be on a plane headed for Orlando (via Dallas).

Anyway, so I've been home alone since Sunday... I've run into a couple of household problems (Bobby's in charge of "maintenance"... so I've had to be creative in my solutions)

The first problem was leaving Kiwi and Chaos with enough food. A friend was supposed to check in on them but those plans fell apart.. but not a problem! They have a GIANT water bottle which should be more than enough, but I wanted to leave them their smaller water bottle too (just in case!). The problem is that I couldn't find the spring/hook thingy that attaches the bottle to their cage... Enter heavy duty elastic bands and paper clips!

It's actually holding up pretty nicely!

So... perhaps I should consider a career in engineering?!

Anyway, the second problem, is that Bobby ALWAYS screws lids on too tight (pasta jars, water bottles... and the bialetti) which means I can't clean them! The bialetti has been sitting in the sink for three days! I'm going to attempt to open it one last time tonight!

1 comment:

  1. I'm actually really impressed with your waterbottle solution. I think I will link you on my project blog.

    ReplyDelete