Friday 28 March 2014

Goodbye little miss Cakey-Cakes

Day 349

Today, when we got home from work, I found Chaos in her cage kind of cold, and lethargic. I thought she was just cold and attempting to hibernate (hedgehogs are very temperamental with temperature... they need to be warm AT ALL TIMES), but she was also very... collapsed... It was so sad to see...

She passed away :(

I am so sad. Chaos was seriously the sweeeeeetest hedgehog ever. Never once did she bite me, and she never really got "angry" (eg: spiking out for no reason). She was very easy going. She was also a very amazing hedgie momma. While we had her (we got her pregnant), she had three babies (Bowser, Kiwi and Purdy) and she was so good to the babies :) Words cannot express how amazing she was.

Random Chaos memories:
- Bobby got her on February 13, 2012 (and we celebrated her "anniversary" on this day)
- She LOVED hiding under towels. Seriously. In our old place, we gave her a hedgie door (think: "doggy door") and I taught her how to use it. When she got confident enough to use the door on her own (without me luring her out with food), she would explore the apartment at night (I once ran into her in the kitchen at 5am)... one time, Bobby found her sleeping the next morning in a pile of laundry. Another time, we found her sleeping underneath a tea towel that fell on the floor. The cutest was when she fell asleep in my purse!! I used to leave a tote bag under my desk and Chaos would find her way there nightly and fall asleep. She was like camping or something ;)
- Her favorite food were mangoes, wet cat food, cat treats, vector cereal and graham crackers

Here are a few pics I found... there are so many more of course... but here are a few:

Kiwi snuggling with her mama
Chaos post bath
Treat time!
Chaos finding her way into a Trader Joe's bag of popcorn... and eating them
We are going to miss you so much Chaos!! Thank you for 26 months of awesomeness, three wonderful babies and a lifetime of memories.

1 comment: