Sunday 23 November 2014

Broken Glass

For dinner tonight, I made fish. I used an "anchor" glass bakeware dish I bought from Canadian Tire. Anyway, so after cooking three fish filets for 30 minutes at 300 degrees F, I put the dish in the sink to soak (this glass is a pain in the ass to clean)... And BAM... The glass cracked and exploded. I was wearing oven mitts since I just pulled the dish out of the oven so thankfully my hands didn't get lacerated. Bobby was standing in front of me on the other side of the counter and luckily (very luckily!!!) neither one of us got  a shard of glass in the eye or something. Seriously for the first few nanoseconds after this happened bobby and I just stared at each other in shock. Then I was  too terrified to move cause I thought for sure I got speared with shards of glass everywhere. Thankfully, most of the glass ended up in the sink. Some on the floor and counter. But none on us. 

Note to self: invest in more Le Creuset cookware pieces !!



No comments:

Post a Comment