Monday 3 November 2014

Okay, Starbucks, you got me again!!!

About a couple of weeks ago, I redeemed the rest of my aeroplan miles for 3 50$ giftcards. I had almost 70,000 miles saved up over the last two or three years and I used most of it on our flights to San Francisco this Christmas, and I had just under 19,000 miles left. I debated saving up again to get a Holt Renfrew giftcard, but decided against it, because I plan on getting rid of my Aeroplan visa. Anyway... so I got a 50$ Starbucks giftcard, a 50$ Cineplex gift card (mostly used up because Bobby and I are seeing Interstellar and Mockingjay Part 1 later this month) and a 50$ iTunes giftcard (because I pay for my music!!!).

This morning, I decided to get myself a coffee from Starbucks. I had a rough night last night. I was really nauseous and had a terrible headache. I had a somewhat restless sleep so I was really tired this morning. So I head into my usual Starbucks (Cambie and 7th) when I notice Starbucks' Dot Collection. Now, I am a SUCKER for Starbucks mugs/glasses - I have 8... and so I knew I had to have one of these.

I gravitated towards the "Face" one, but I walked away without buying it. I was super busy and kinda nauseous at work today so I didn't venture out during my lunch break. Also, it was pouring rain... buuuuut I could not stop thinking about this damn mug. I had to have it! HAD TO!! This is my shopaholic moment. So, I hit up a Starbucks close to my home and picked it up. Luckily the Starbucks was busy so I had time to seriously think about which mug I wanted to buy. Now I was using my free gift card mentioned above, but at 22$ a mug, there was no way in hell I was paying for two. I decided to go with my initial choice and happily went home with this one:



However, when I got home, I made Bobby validate that I made the right choice. Lol. I made him sit with me and check out all of the other mugs online to make sure this is the right one #crazywomanproblems

In the end, Bobby agreed with me, but likely so that I would shut the f up about these damn mugs

/Blog

For the full collection, go here:
http://store.starbucks.ca/drinkware/starbucks-dot-collection,en_CA,sc.html?cm_sp=HPA2CA-_-dot_collection-_-110114

For a look at the other mugs I own:
New York mug from NYC
Alice and Olivia for Starbucks
Glass tumbler

No comments:

Post a Comment