Saturday 8 November 2014

The Christmas Beer Advent Calendar

So it's that time of the year again! When Bobby and I pick up not one, but TWO (one for Bobby, one for my brother), Craft Beer Advent Calendars. I first heard about these calendars two years ago, and I was almost too late to jump on board, but Bobby's coworker very kindly picked up two calendars at a liquor in Mission (for those not from the area, Mission is pretty much at the edge of the world, in the middle of nowhere). Ever since that mishap, I've liked their Facebook page so that I get notifications on when the calendars are available and in which liquor stores in the lower mainland.

This year, we picked it up at Roo's , which has kind of been Bobby's go-to liquor store since we no longer live close to Legacy. Anyway, we walked in, and they still had quite a few (so go NOW if you really want one!). They also have the 49th Parallel collaboration advent calendar. That one is only 94$ ("only"... shocking I know). The ones we got are 156$.. which is a steep price increase.. I remember them only being 110$ or so when I first got them! Oh well.. these are Christmas presents for Bobby and my brother :)


And now that we have a bigger apartment, we have a TON of space for these to just hang out at until Bobby can open it (and my brother comes to pick his up)


The 2014 edition is world-wide so Bobby is really excited. 2013 was "North American" and Bobby was pretty disappointed with a lot of the beers. 2012 was European and Bobby was pretty impressed ;)

Be sure to follow Bobby's blog. I'm sure he will be mentioning some beers while work on projects ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment