Sunday 14 December 2014

Blogmas Day 14 - Favourite Lip Glosses/Balms

Okay.. in spirit of all things reviewed, here is a review of the three lip things I always carry on me. Side note: I have super sensitive lips.. certain lip products cause my lips to swell (and we are talking pricey lip glosses like Lancome's Juicy Tubes from years ago, and also Sephora brand lip glosses)... so happy to report that the following products are good for sensitive lips.

This is my favorite lip balm/gloss/stick... Yes it is all of that in one tube. It's a tinted lip balm (so it's got the super hydrating benefits), but it applies like a lip stick so its not sticky, and its got a hint of shine. I've bought a few of these already (all in the same colour because I am boring like that). The other day, I went to Sephora to pick one up for my brother's gf's Christmas present and I found that they now have a "bold" colour selection too. Passion falls in the "tinted" colour category (which is why you only get a "hint of colour"... and so obviously.. bold means "bolder" colour). I ended up getting her coral because it's such a pretty colour!


This is my second favourite lip gloss. I just got it recently and it's been a minor obsession. It's super shiny, and also a has hint of colour (I don't like full colour lip stuff because I am no expert in make up application and I don't want to have to be anywhere near a mirror every time I need to re-apply). This lip gloss is definitely shinier than the Sugar one (duh, it's a lip glass), so it's also stickier. Bobby is not as big of a fan of this lip gloss as I am.


I definitely recommend this lip balm if you have chapped lips. I had really bad chapped lips a month or so ago (whenever it was when the temp dropped to minus 7) and nothing worked (not even the Sugar lip treatment mentioned above). I bought this, applied it and my lips felt relieve instantly (no joke). I applied it again before sleeping and my lips were fully recovered overnight. It's super sticky though, and shiny. The product does not get absorbed by your lips so be careful to only apply a bit (and that little bit goes a long way!) I wish Clinique didn't discontinue their tinted superbalm... but oh well

1 comment: