Tuesday 9 December 2014

Blogmas Day 9 - Longchamp Le Pliage review

Okay, so I finally have a minute to review the Longchamp Le Pliage in black, size small. Please note, I bought this bag in Holt Renfrew (I don't know of any other stores in Vancouver that sell these bags), not Nordstrom, but Holt Renfrew has a pretty terrible website... The Nordstrom website is better so I used that link... Also, please note, that in Canada, this bag retails 140$ pre tax. Anyway.. so the bag measurements are: 9 3/4" W x 9 3/4" H x 5 1/2 D... FYI, I just took a ruler to confirm these measurements. The 9 3/4" width is based on the bottom of the bag. The top of the bag measures about 12 1/2".

I love this bag. It's the perfect size. It's deceptively large for a "small" because it actually carries so much! I am glad I didn't purchase the large size :)

The bag only has one large compartment and one tiny pocket on the side. I thought this would be an issue at first because I HATE digging through my bag trying to find crap. This hasn't been an issue though since the bag is fairly shallow. To be honest, before buying this bag, and shortly after, I looked into buying a purse organizer. Lots of people on Youtube recommended buying one to complement the Longchamp totes, but I don't think they are necessary.. especially not for the "small" tote.

On any given day, I can fit (and perfectly organize) the following items in this purse:
In the large compartment
- Essentials like wallet, coin purse, keys, works keys, hand lotion.
- My super giant agenda. I bought a large agenda to help me plan my wedding. I love this agenda, but it really is too large. It's 8.5" x 11"... Next time, I will definitely be purchasing one size down.. but just so you know, this small bag can hold a giant agenda and can still be perfectly zipped up.
- A small cosmetic bag which holds a compact mirror, tylenol, girl stuff
- My beloved baggu bags! I am constantly carrying two or three of these because I never know when I will randomly purchase things ;). I have a neon orange fox one which I love and I am so sad because I just realized that it's slowly starting to tear in one small area, and a boring grey one I keep around because Bobby refuses to carry the fox bag.
In the small pocket:
- My assortment of lipgloss/balms 


So on top of all that stuff, I can also shove a small folding umbrella, my scarf when I get too hot to wear it, random snacks for when I get hungry.. etc.

Oddly enough, I find that the bag looks better when it's more full (but not too full), but the material is a thick canvas so it holds is shape even when the bag is pretty empty. And speaking of the material, I can confirm that it is in fact water resistant (not waterproof, although I did not test this out ;) ). Ever since taking the train to work, I've been too lazy to use an umbrella at times (especially since my winter jacket is also water resistant) so I have had to walk around my work, or from my work to the train station, etc in the rain... Happy to report that not once has water leaked through the bag :)

No comments:

Post a Comment