Monday 1 December 2014

Blogmas Day 1 - advent calendars start now!!!

Firstly, I cannot believe it is already December. Just this time last year, I was counting down the days until my Florida/Manhattan trip! I can't believe it has almost been a year since that trip already!

December 1st means two things to me: 
1) It's my mom's birthday! Happy birthday mom!
2) It is officially okay to open all advent calendars.

Bobby made me an advent calendar last year... It kind of fell apart when we moved though, so Bobby put it back together and voila - a new shape.. Advent Calendar v2.0 now exists. Apparently none of the chocolates inside are the same (I guess the complaints department took my whining about having to eat the same chocolate a few days in a row seriously enough to do something about it)... This makes me excited because there must be tons of leftover candy just hanging around the house ;)


Of course, Bobby has his own calendar too. The box was already open and the beer was already chilling in the fridge by the time I woke up this morning ;)


Anyway, so today I hit up Home Depot on my lunch break (Bobby's shopping habits are rubbing off on me!!). I went mainly to check the wreaths out - when we are at Home Depot yesterday, they didn't have the one I wanted to buy in stock. So I went to the one right next to my work and picked it up (Side note: Today I took the train into work instead of driving.. so it was really idiotic to buy this wreath and then lug it home, but I got it home in one piece!)


I got the White Pine Cone and Berry Wreath and I Love it!! I really did not want a garland leaf since it is so common... So now it is a competition in this house: who has the better wreath? Me or Kiwi? 



We have a light just outside the door, so it was hard to take a picture of the wreath without the picture being too bright. I bough a 14.5inch wreath hanger at Home Depot also (it was the only one near the wreaths), and it is too long (the wreath ends up covering our little peep hole thing). Now I am in the market for another wreath hanger.

Aaaand one last thing: also put our stockings up last night:

L-R: Bobby's, the late Chaos', Kiwi's, Mine
I LOVE CHRISTMAS! It is my favourite time of the year!

Happy December :)

No comments:

Post a Comment