Saturday 6 December 2014

Blogmas Day 6 - MAC Matchmaster Foundation Review

I have been using this foundation pretty much every day since I bought it three weeks ago... and I LOVE IT!!

I'm not a make up expert... in fact, I'm pretty terrible with make up application. My morning routine is: moisturizer, foundation (or tinted moisturizer), mascara, eye brow powder and lip gloss. When I'm going out, I might throw in some eye shadow too.. but I like to keep it simple... mainly because I am too lazy to have to wash all of that stuff off my face at the end of the day.

Anyway, last year, I bought the MAC Studio Sculpt foundation. My main beef with this foundation is that it goes on very dewy... and that's not really a look for me. My skin is not very oily, but since I put moisturizer on daily, my face just looked really shiny with this foundation. And since it had this "effect", I found that this foundation is not very "buildable" since the more you use, the shinier you just become... I ended up making the foundation work by using the smallest dot possible to help even out my skin tone.. but even then, if I ended up getting sweaty from running around, major shine control... and I am not one to carry those oil blotting sheets on me so it was kind of an issue.

So this year, the MAC make up artist suggested that I try the Matchmaster Foundation. Both foundations are pretty similar, in that they are both spf 15. They are also fairly similar in price (the matchmaster foundation is a few dollars more for less product).

What I like the most about the Matchmaster foundation is that it goes on matte (no more shininess!). I found that this foundation works really well with my moisturizer. And it also goes on very light so you can use it for minimal coverage, or you can use more for a more full coverage and you won't look like you are caking the make up on. The whole Matchmaster "science" is that it perfectly matches your skin tone. Not sure how (or if!!) it does this, but I'm definitely happy with this purchase :)



Unfortunately, I have a crappy iPhone 5c camera so I can't take picture to show everyone how awesome the coverage is or compare it to the coverage you get with the Studio Sculpt foundation...

Please note: All of the comments above are my own opinion.

In other Saturday news:
-Went to PiYo today (after missing the last few classes due to being sick and lazy)
-Going to write some Christmas cards today so I can mail them...
-Made pulled pork for dinner today! Can't wait to eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment