Sunday 7 December 2014

Blogmas Day 7 - My favourite nail polishes

Following yesterday's post where I admitted I am not that big into make up... well let's just say, nail polish is my thing ;)

I love nail polish! It's definitely easier to apply (than make up) and it also lasts longer (you don't have to wash it off every night)!!

So.. here are my top three nail polish colours (in no particular order):

This is my favourite dark nail polish and it is very "goth" like. It's a very, very dark purple (almost black) and I love how dramatic it is. People always comment on this nail polish when I wear it. I would wear this colour every day, but in the summer, it just feels more in season to wear the neon and coral colours. But let me tell you, the minute it is "in season" to wear this colour, I put it on ;)

Essie - Watermelon
This is the best pink nail polish out there. I can't really describe how perfect the colour is. It's a dark-ish pink, it's almost red-like and it's very pretty. My lack of descriptive words is not doing this nail polish any justice - you just have to trust me on this!

Hands down, this is the best red nail polish out there. It's a deep/dark red and it's very... sexy? Is that a word you would use to describe nail polish? I've gone through many many bottles of this nail polish over the last 10 or so years... and the bonus is that it also has the best name ever!!

L-R: Lincoln Park After Dark, Watermelon, Chick Flick Cherry

Side note: Nail Polish Canada is an awesome website to buy nail polish from. They are always a couple of dollars cheaper than drug stores and they have cheap and fast shipping options. Shipping used to be free, but now it's only free for a minimum 25$ order, which is still a good deal if you are buying a few nail polish bottles at once... The shipping is also quick. I have not placed an order in a while, but from what I remember, when I would place an order or Tuesday, it would be processed by Wednesday AM and I would have it by Thursday. It was that quick... but it could be due to location since my packages would come from Burnaby (I don't know if that is the local distributor, or if its Canada wide) and so it would not take very long for the package to be delivered to Vancouver.. But anyway, I highly recommend this website if you don't mind waiting a few days for your nail polish :) Oooh and also they give you a free lollipop as well! One that matches the colour of the nail polish you just bought!! (Not sure if they still do this though.. my last order was earlier in 2014)

Please note: all above opinions are my own

In other Sunday news:
Had breakfast at Caffe Divano today... I am now finding that their chai latte is too sweet (it's nowhere near as bad as Starbucks)... and I mailed our Christmas cards! Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment